Thursday, April 26, 2012

From the tropic of Cancer, to Capricorn, you so far from your sofa along

And on Saturday they left. I am talking about my family. It has been so long since I have updated my blog and yet again so much has happened. I am going to list everything that has happened (well, everything I can remember) and I will try to organize my rants into coherent sentences and hopefully you will be able to understand what I am trying to say. Since the last time I wrote on here, the school year began, there were many earthquakes (from the States to Mexico to Indonesia to Chile), I got my first whiff of tear gas of the year, I somehow dislocated my knee, and my family (meaning my mom and my sister) visited me. Let me begin my rant with the school year. There is a new director in town and people have mixed feelings. Change is good and sometimes it is not. I do not know how I feel. I guess I fall in the neutral category. The new director is different. She is more about business and administrative than she is nurturing. Not that there is anything wrong about that, but people feel her to be distant and removed from the school community. If I remember to post more frequently, I will be sure to keep you all updated.

Moving onto dislocated knee.

First off, I do not know how or why I dislocated my knee. I recently made a doctor's appointment because  I had a pain/discomfort in my left leg starting with the knee. The pain began in December and the only reason why I decided to go now was because the pain was increasing. I made an appointment and long story short (and $300 later), the doctor said my knee was out of place. I still need to deal with insurance and see if Physical Therapy is covered, but I hate dealing with that, so I'm going to end the story here. Knee is out of place and nothing more/nothing less. I still have pain because I have not done the exercises the doctor told me to do. Argh ... procrastination is getting the best of me. C'est la vie y'all.
Moving onto the next point on the list. My mom and sister came to visit me. I had not seen either of them (in the flesh) for over 16 months. It's crazy to think that it's been that long since I have seen someone from my previous life (well, that's a lie because my friend Rosa came to visit in January and that trip was EPIC). It was nice to see them, but at the same time, it was weird. I am not extremely close to my family. We get along better when we are apart and when we are together, we want to kill another. My mom recently lost her older sister (my aunt). My aunt lost a long battle to Diabetes and her death was unexpected. My mother took it especially hard because within the past two years, my mother has lost both her mother and her sister. I was not home for either one of their passings, but I do not feel that my presence was necessary. My sister has grown so much and she is now taller than me! The last time I had seen her, she was 10 years old and now she is going on 14. It's crazy to think she is going to be 14 this year. It's only been two years but I missed her 11th, 12th, and 13th birthdays. What a world, what a world. Where does the time go? Before I know it, I will be back in the States.

Less than 8 months to go. Time is funny because at times it can seem never ending and other times it seems like there is not enough of it. I started to work on my resume and began the job search. This is my plan (for the time being): in two months, start the job search for real, start sending out my resume to prospective job sites, begin looking into apartments in the Chicagoland area, begin looking for roommates, and start making a donation pile of things I am going to donate to the Salvation Army and into community. In the past 16 + months, I have accumulated so much and now it is now time to start de-cluttering. Sometimes, I just want to give everything and go back with nothing, but I have to go back with something because it's going to be cold and I won't be able to survive a Chicago winter with nothing.  I cannot believe I will know the names of the new JVs soon and I cannot believe it's already winter here in Chile. Hopefully, this winter will be better than the last one. Hopefully, I remember to regularly update this blog because too much time passes by and it's ridiculous how much goes on and it's just too much to write about in just one bi-monthly post.

No comments:

Post a Comment